Well, we're back home after an amazing weekend - chez_amanda
and I had a fantastic time! I know she posted a very detailed con report on her journal, so I'm not going to go through every detail here. However, here are the parts that stand out to me the most - the best of the best:
- Richard showing up instead of Jake. No hate, but I LOVE the Trickster, and Richard was awesome and hilarious.
- Traci being beautiful and awesome, and casually mentioning her dominatrix phase. I want her back on the show!
- Alona being super-sweet. I wish they'd let her play Jo more like herself - that would have been much better than the scripted character, and I think she kind of agrees.
- Traci calling her mom and Aldis calling his girlfriend. Adorable!
- Getting to ask Misha a question and actually have a little conversation with him during his panel.
- Getting to talk to Misha AGAIN during autograph signings, and having his face about six inches away from mine. Surreal!
- Jared and Jensen being incredibly nice during the whole process. I loved that they came out after the autograph session to apologize about being so rushed (and yeah, it was SUPER rushed compared to the others). They seemed at ease and friendly and gracious and humble during all of it, and I REALLY appreciate that.
- Meeting other fans and seeing how awesome 99% of our fandom really is - even the 1% of crazy kept it reined in for the most part.
- Winning a round of Supernatural trivia! I had a great time spending the $250, all on autographed pics of celebs from other cons. Obsession pays off!
- Rob being all adorable and nervous, it being his first con, and Misha texting him good luck.
- Coming out of the whole experience with renewed love and respect for the show as well as its cast and crew. The whole weekend was very warm and loving - I hope the celebs felt it as much as we did!
- Basically, just a wonderful weekend all the way around. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone who gets an opportunity to go!